Callings and whims are essential to living our purpose in life.
With all the possibilities, desires, and “shoulds” or expectations flying around, it can be hard to make sense of your true calling and what’s simply a fleeting desire or whim.
Desires and whims are essential and can be excellent tools in guiding you toward what you need next in your life, but it’s important to distinguish between the two.
In this video, I’m sharing:
- What’s the difference between a calling and a whim? (0:21)
- How the level of intensity of desire comes into play (1:20)
- Looking at the core focus and why that matters (2:09)
- Why the type of contribution involved varies (3:20)
- Three key questions to ask yourself to know the difference (3:58)
- How to navigate the stepping stones to our purpose (5:22)